Add a Holistic Component to Recovery Programs
Holistic Support for Recovery Training offers a two day hands-on training that teaches Addiction Counselors skills that will add an holistic support option to Recovery programs
Learn four strategies to lower anxiety and enhance resilience
Learn a guided 10 minute mindfulness meditation based in tuning into the body and mind connection. With practice, this guided meditation will help reduce anxiety and encourage the heart and mind to open and soften.
- Cultivate calm and alertness
- Increase skills to handle stress
- Lengthen attention span
- Reduce anxiety
- Increase confidence with decision-making
Small gold beads are placed on points in the ear, 4 points in each ear, small skin sensitive tape adheres the silver or gold beads to the ear points. The beads can be left in place from 1 to 4 days.
- Decrease cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Stimulation of specific points in the ear
- Safe, no adverse side effects
- Easy to learn, easy to insert the beads
- Common in Addiction Recovery Programs
Acu-Oil (similar to acupuncture) treatment uses essential oils on specific acu points instead of inserting acupuncture needles. The oils are as effective as needles. It takes 15-20 minutes for the treatment to begin to calm and settle the nervous system.
- Centuries old effective treatment for anxiety
- Deeply calming and grounding
- Decreases insomnia, increases energy
- Benefits accumulate with repetitive treatments
Qigong involves sequences of movements coupled with mental concentration, breathing, coordination , relaxation, visualizations, sounds and self-massage.
- Increase energy and ability to relax
- Build strength and flexibility
- Decrease stress
- Increase mental focus
- Increase coordination
These 4 methods used together can be offered in a one-hour program option to clients individually or in groups. Each module builds on the former and gives the clients skills that lower anxiety levels and confidence that build resiliency.
The integration of mindfulness based interventions are a cost effective and accessible as well as a non-pharmacuetical treatment option for a variety of psychological and medical symptoms as well as a way to provide self care for clients and the counselors/trainees.